We anticipate launching our forgiveness process in early October. We’re preparing, testing, and piloting our forgiveness process so it is easy and efficient for you. Please do not submit the Loan Forgiveness Application at this time.
Each PPP borrower will receive an email from us with a link to their forgiveness application. Once we begin accepting applications for forgiveness, we will process them and submit a recommendation within 60 days of receipt of the application. The SBA then has 90 days to process your application and determine your forgiveness eligibility. The SBA has the right to review any loan at any time. We will notify you within 5 days if the SBA reviews your loan and requests additional information. Otherwise, we will notify you when we receive the SBA’s final determination of forgiveness.
Each borrower must submit documentation with its PPP Loan Forgiveness Application Form 3508 or 3508EZ to the lender. You should gather the following documents verifying eligible expenses, including the number of full-time equivalent employees on your payroll and their pay rates for the time frame used to verify you met the staffing and pay requirements:
Payroll Expenses - Documentation verifying the eligible cash compensation and non-cash benefit payments from the Covered Period or the Alternative Payroll Covered Period consisting of each of the following:
- Bank account statements or third-party payroll service provider reports documenting the amount of cash compensation paid to employees.
- Tax forms (or equivalent third-party payroll service provider reports) for the periods that overlap with the Covered Period or the Alternative Payroll Covered Period:
- Payroll tax filings reported, or that will be reported, to the IRS (typically, Form 941); and
- State quarterly business and individual employee wage reporting and unemployment insurance tax filings reported, or that will be reported, to the relevant state.
- Payment receipts, cancelled checks, or account statements documenting the amount of any employer contributions to employee health insurance and retirement plans that the Borrower included in the forgiveness amount.
Nonpayroll Expenses - Documentation verifying existence of the obligations/services prior to February 15, 2020 and eligible payments from the Covered Period. (Remember: This only applies if you included nonpayroll expenses in the amount for which you are trying to seek forgiveness.)
- Business mortgage interest payments: Copy of lender amortization schedule and receipts or cancelled checks verifying eligible payments from the Covered Period; or lender account statements from February 2020 and the months of the Covered Period through one month after the end of the Covered Period verifying interest amounts and eligible payments.
- Business rent or lease payments: Copy of current lease agreement and receipts or cancelled checks verifying eligible payments from the Covered Period; or lessor account statements from February 2020 and from the Covered Period through one month after the end of the Covered Period verifying eligible payments.
- Business utility payments: Copy of invoices from February 2020 and those paid during the Covered Period and receipts, cancelled checks, or account statements verifying those eligible payments
For more information on the loan forgiveness process visit here PPP FAQ page.