Please keep in mind that if you have a financial product or service with us, we will also use and share any information that we collect from or about you consistent with our Consumer Privacy Notice, which offers you certain choices with respect to the use and sharing of your personal information.
We may change this Online Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means such as by posting the revised information on this page with a new “effective date” date at the bottom of this Notice. Any changes to this Online Privacy Notice will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise.
By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Enterprise Bank & Trust and meet all of the eligibility requirements in these terms. The Services are intended only for individuals who are at least 13 years old and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect different types of personal information from you or others where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes or legal obligations. We may collect such information by various means, including directly from you, both online (e.g., our website) and offline (e.g., when you call us or visit a branch location), through your use of our websites or related online services, and from other third party sources and social media platforms that you may use to engage with us, as well as from our affiliates or third parties for the purposes provided below, and/or to supplement information we already possess. This includes:
- Personal Information you voluntarily provide:This includes a username and password, contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, telephone number) and financial account information. We may also collect payment card information, social security numbers, and driver’s license numbers (or comparable) that you provide where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes such as user authentication. We also receive information you may provide through the Services (e.g., feedback, inquiries, etc.) and communications between you and us, such as emails or messages regarding the Services. Note that you may not be able to opt out of certain Services-related e-mails.
- Identifiers and other information regarding use of the Services: We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic, usage, and sales trends by your use of our Services. These tools may capture the IP address of the device you use to connect to the online service, metadata, log files, the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the site you came from, the parts of our Service you access, and the site you visit next, to help assist us in improving your online experience.
- When you use our mobile application or otherwise use a mobile device to connect to our Services, we may collect a unique device identifier or other device information to provide the Services and/or functionality. Certain Services may require your mobile phone number, which we may associate with your account and device. We may also collect, use and store information about your location (GPS and cell tower information). Your personal information and mobile device information (e.g., location and device identifier) may also be used for security and user authentication purposes.
- Information received from third parties: We may receive personal information about you from additional online and offline sources and third parties (such as credit reporting agencies) to supplement the information we receive from you. If we do so, this Notice governs any combined information that we maintain in a personally-identifiable format.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we use the personal information described above a number of ways, such as:
- Process account applications and transactions, and facilitate other account activities;
- Verify your identity (such as when you access your account information) and enhance our online security measures;
- Help you efficiently access and manage your information and preferences;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Provide personalized content and information, which could include tailored online ads or other forms of marketing;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time of collection.
We may also use the information we collect as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including:
- To facilitate the functionality of our Services and business operations;
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our company policies;
- To detect, prevent, or investigate potential security or fraud events;
- To enforce our Terms & Conditions, protect our operations, or pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, security and/or that of our affiliates, business partners, you or others.
We may aggregate data we collect on an anonymous basis that does not identify you for any purpose otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Job applicants may also provide us information as part of an employment application that includes name and contact information, resume (e.g., education and work experience), and cover letter. We may also obtain personal information about applicants from third parties (e.g., former employers or references you provide). We use this information to evaluate applicants for employment with us and for on-boarding and human resources purposes in connection with such employment. Job applicants may provide additional information for routine background checks to a third party provider of such services, which may be subject to specific privacy terms and consents provided at the time of collection.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We are not in the business of selling personal information about our users to third parties without your consent. We may share the information we collect from and about you with our affiliates and other third parties in some instances, such as:
- Our third party service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, professional, or banking function for us (such as IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, payment processors), but we only provide information so these individuals or entities can perform their required functions on our behalf;
- Enterprise Bank & Trust’s affiliated websites and businesses in an effort to bring you improved service across our family of products and services, or other companies in connection with co-branded services, products or programs, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Credit reporting agencies;
- Third parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of Enterprise Bank & Trust’s businesses; and
- To comply with legal requirements such as regulator, court, and law enforcement demands (subpoenas, court orders, etc.);
- To address fraud, security or technical issues;
- To respond to an emergency or otherwise to protect the rights, property or security of our company, customers or third parties.
Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us in response to our Consumer Privacy Notice.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
By registering for and using the Services you consent to the transfer and use of your personal information anywhere where the Services or our service providers maintain facilities, consistent with this Online Privacy Notice. We keep personal information at least as long as necessary for business purposes, our retention policy, and legal requirements. We typically retain customer calls as reasonably needed for quality assurance and training, security and fraud prevention, and other related purposes.
Although we implement commercially-reasonable administrative, physical and technical security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or use, we cannot guarantee that the information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your personal information. To the extent the law of your jurisdiction allows for notification of a breach via e-mail or the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be fully secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use insecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information (such as your Social Security Number) to us.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Enterprise Bank & Trust is a regulated financial institution. Information we collect from or about individuals in connection with any consumer banking activities is treated in accordance with applicable federal and state privacy laws including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). We therefore use and share any information that we collect from or about customers of our financial products or services consistent with the disclosures in our Consumer Privacy Notice and, in the event that state privacy law provides for an exemption for GLBA-regulated organizations or information, state privacy law may not apply. However, we provide individuals with privacy rights that may be exercised in accordance with our Consumer Privacy Notice and the access, correction and opt-out services provided below.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information: Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review, or update certain account information by logging in to the Services or by contacting us. You can also adjust certain profile and privacy settings as follows:
- User profile: Your user profile may provide different options for the type of personal information you can provide as well as the types and methods of communication that you prefer.
- Emails: In all promotional emails, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe.” It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request. Please note that even after opting out of promotional emails, we may still send you customer service announcements, administrative notices and Services-related communications (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, technical and security notices).
- Text messages: In the event you are enrolled in any service that provides text messages to you, you can opt-out by replying “STOP” to any text message received.
- Cookies: As noted above, most web browsers allow a user to reject cookies, but doing so may diminish your experience with our Services.
- Mobile devices: As with cookies, mobile devices may allow a user to block certain information requests (such as location information), but doing so may diminish your experience with our Services. Mobile device or mobile operating system providers typically provide instructions on how to adjust such privacy features.
6. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING CONSUMER BANKING)
If you are a California resident, you may have state privacy rights with respect to personal information that is not related to consumer banking (which is instead covered by GLBA as noted above). For example, this includes commercial banking customers, job applicants, current and former employees, contractors and business partners. Due to the nature of these relationships, the collection and use of personal information can vary, but in general terms and in addition to all the disclosures above:
- Commercial banking customers may provide us with personal information in connection with commercial banking applications, accounts and activities, which is primarily used to provide banking services and for the other purposes described above with respect to consumer banking customers.
- Job applicants may provide us with personal information as part of an employment application and review process that includes the applicant’s contact information, education and employment history, resume and cover letter. We do not use this information for any purpose other than to evaluate the individual for employment with us and manage our careers program. Job applicants may provide additional information for routine background checks to a third party provider of such services, under specific privacy terms and consents that will be provided at the time of collection.
- Employees receive disclosures during and after onboarding that provides additional details regarding our employee privacy practices.
- We collect contact information and other personal information reasonably necessary to engage and work with contractors and business partners in the course of a business relationship.
If you are such a California resident, you (or your authorized agent) can request additional information about our privacy practices with respect to your information, as well as request that we: (i) disclose personal information maintained about you; (ii) correct or delete your personal information (subject to certain exceptions); (iii) not sell or share your personal information to a third party (excluding qualified service providers), use it to engage in third party targeted advertising, or use your sensitive personal information for purposes other than for which it was provided (subject to certain exceptions), all to the extent we engage in any such activities. You can submit such a request to us via the contact information provided below and we will endeavor to fulfill any legally-required obligations consistent with such laws. Please provide sufficient information that we can identify you, and be aware that we may employ a more extensive authentication process to verify your identity before responding to your request.
We do not provide a financial incentive or a price or service difference to you in exchange for the retention or sale of your personal information. We may send promotions or offers to you and unless you have opted out of such communications, you will continue to receive such notices irrespective of whether any information privacy request described here has been submitted. We do not discriminate against anyone for exercising any privacy rights, including those provided by applicable laws. We do not share personal information such as your contact information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
7. ONLINE ADVERTISING
8. LINKING TO THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our Services may contain links to other websites or services that that are owned or operated by other companies ("Third-party Websites"). We are not responsible for the practices employed by any Third-party Websites or services linked to or from our Services, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any Third-party Websites or service, including those that have a link on our Services, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies, not ours. By accessing Third-party Websites you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your personal information, this includes your sharing of account credentials with any third party, or linking your activity to any social media platforms.
9. INTERNATIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
Enterprise Bank & Trust operates in the United States. While our primary data centers are in the United States, we may transfer personal information or other information outside of the United States. In addition, we may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. If we disclose personal information to a third party or to our employees outside of the United States, we will seek assurances that any information we may provide to them is safeguarded adequately and in accordance with this Online Privacy Notice. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this notice.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US